Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hiccup

I should be packing. And no, I'm not packed yet. I'm too busy flying into a panic. You see, my procrastination is biting me. Hard.

I can't remember if I mentioned that I sent in my application for a visa (a little later than I had planned/hoped...) last week. No worries, it should get there and back in plenty of time, right? and by plenty of time, I mean it should have gotten here today. What I forgot about, and didn't consider in my timetable was the holiday weekend. And also that the Thai consulate I sent the stuff to is closed on Fridays (I actually was unaware of this). So. I lost 2 days of prime visa-getting time. Which means I. Am. Panicking. I don't have my visa yet, and of course, to get a visa, one must submit one's passport. So I am visaless AND passportless. I'm stateside-bound, presently. Which is problematic since MY FLIGHT LEAVES THURSDAY AT 6:25 AM PRECISELY(ish).

Pardon me while I melt into a puddle of self-loathing and anger and frustration. At my own stupidity for not considering all the variables and forseeing this mess. I've called everyone I can think to call. Emailed. Begged. Cried a little.

I will remain positive. There are 30 hours and 50 minutes in which my visa might arrive.

I'm going to Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment