Friday, May 3, 2013

Planes, trains, etc.

I (with the help of my mother, a saint. Xo, mom, you're the best!) FINALLY have for real tickets to Thailand! So it's 100 percent official. No backing out. Eek. I'm so lucky that my mom is better at planning trips than me... I was researching and trying to find flights that worked and just about had a breakdown. Tears were involved. Not pretty.

Anyways. This feels crazy. Verrrry early Thursday May 30th, I board a plane in Boston, fly to DC (Dulles), then leave the USA. I have a layover in Dubai (I'm geographically challenged but that's in the United Arab Emirates, I think...), then I fly to Bangkok. Total flight time? 25ish hours. Luckily, I get to stay in Bangkok Friday night, then Saturday morning I fly into Chiang Mai, where I will be for 7 weeks.

Once my 7 weeks are up :( I fly from Chiang Mai to Phnom Penh (July 20th)to visit some friends that live in Cambodia for a few days. Then, Wednesday (July 25th) I fly from Phnom Penh back to Bangkok, Bangkok to Dubai, Dubai to DC, and DC to Boston. Yipe. I think I got that all right! :/

All in all, I'll be gone for about 60 days (2 months, 8 weeks)... That seems both incredibly short and long simultaneously. Weird.

I'm deciding and announcing now that  from the time that I leave on the 30th, I will title my posts "day 1", "day 2", and so on. This obviously isn't vital for you to know, but I'm writing down my reasoning for myself (lucky you, getting to peek into my wacko mind...!) - I sometimes get overwhelmed in experiences, particularly new ones, and I often find myself focusing too much on being overwhelmed/scared/unsure/etc. By writing with the purpose of talking about THAT DAY only, I hope it will encourage and enable me to live truly in those moments that happened that day... Never mind yesterday or tomorrow, but what has my experience been TODAY??

I'm so excited to have more things to write about, but now I'm going to try to pay back some of my sleep debt.

Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see tour Itinerary!

    >Once my 7 weeks are up :( I fly from Chiang Mai to Phnom Penh (July 20th)to visit some friends that live in Cambodia for a few days. Then, Wednesday (July 25th) I fly from Phnom Penh back to Bangkok, Bangkok to Dubai, Dubai to DC, and DC to Boston. Yipe. I think I got that all right! :/<

    Seems there should be a comma after "Cambodia"? :-) Sounds like your friends only life there a few days... Just pickin... Wish ya the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete