I took so many pictures on day 11 that I thought it would be a good idea to split the day into part 1 and 2. Anyways. After getting back to Uniloft from Lookpla's house, a group of us went to the tiger kingdom! I was understandably a little nervous about this venture, since tigers are...you know, tigers. They eat meat. I, unfortunately, am made of just that. But I swallowed my nerves and hung out with some tigers. TIGERS!!! They were classified into 4 different groups depending on age/size - extra small, small, medium, and big. I chose small because it seemed like they would be the most likely to interact and not eat me. It worked out! It was a really cool experience...petting, hugging, and of course, talking to them. They were sortof soft in a sweaty way. They didn't smell super good, but it was still an indescribable experience. As a lover of all animals, I was totally happy to just be near them, but petting them and interacting with them was really ... I don't know what the word is. Fantastic?
 |
| Oh hey, "small" tiger. That stick is way more tasty than me, promise. |
 |
| Never again. Feet in a tank full of baby piranas or something - they "eat" the bad things on and in your skin. It took me 45 minutes of kicking and screaming (obviously not SUPER loudly) to get used to the feeling. And even then, it was so far from relaxing that I couldn't enjoy it. Oh well, I tried. |
 |
| Tigers like swimming! These guys kept fighting over who got which side of the pool or something... |
 |
| "Extra-small tigers". Still roughly the size of a medium dog. These were the REALLY fun ones to watch...less scary, more playful. |
 |
| "pleeeeease can I have a treat? I've been such a good tiger!!" Melts my heart a little :) |
 |
| Then I made friends with some macaws by feeding them sunflower seeds. If there hadn't been a big fence, I'm pretty sure they would've followed me home. |
 |
| That's just me. Petting a tiger. Normal day at the ranch. |
 |
| The weirdest looking tiger I've ever seen. |
 |
| This picture. Haha. L-R Lauren, me, Jillian, freaking out Rachel. Ms. Tiger liked her belly rubbed so much that she rolled around while we did it. I think that scared Rachel or something... |
 |
| I likes tigers. |
 |
| "Hold still while I chew on your face? No? Sigh." |
 |
| Favorite flower, pink and yellow edition. This is plumeria. Love. |
 |
| Another macaw friend. |
 |
| This little guy <3 I almost forgot tigers are giant cats, but then I saw this guy and he did EXACTLY what my kitties at home did - watched alertly, then FLEW into action. Got that other little tiger REAL good. |
 |
| I think these were classified as "medium" tigers - they were pretty big. |
 |
| "Hey tiger! Want to come home with me?" I bonded with this one... |
No comments:
Post a Comment