Monday was day 5, and the first day of classes! We left Uniloft at 9:15ish, thinking we had plenty of time to get to our 10:00 class. Ha! What we didn't expect to run into was a parade. Naturally, there had to be one. I'm quickly learning to expect the unexpected here...and I am rather fond of it. Anyways, I believe the parade had something to do with the ASEAN thing that's going on here in SE Asia...all the southeast Asian countries were represented in the parade, with beautiful costumes and seemingly traditional props and whatnot. Very cool! We had our first of many blunders with navigating the ENORMOUS Chiang Mai University (CMU) campus...but still somehow made it to class ALMOST on time. We definitely learned where NOT to get off the shuttle, and how to navigate from that place. Monday night, we went out to dinner (I didn't take pictures, and I totally regret it but I'm stealing one from facebook!) as a group and had a great time. At dinner, we saw the little lizards that run around on the walls for the first time. They're almost cute! My jet lag kicked in a little bit, and I was pretty tired in the afternoon and evening, but it was still a great day.
 |
| Parade! |
 |
| Indonesia? |
 |
| View from the shuttle stop |
 |
| Parade lined up down Suthep 7 |
 |
| More parade! |
 |
| Singapore! |
 |
| Dinner with the group! L-R: Malaiya, Jackie, Lauren, Rachel, Mustafa, me, Keilee, Molly, Jillian |
Hi there world traveler! I am glad to hear you love Thailand as much as I did and from the sounds of it, you love the night market too! I bought a mango wood bowl that I love still there! Amazing stuff for so little money! Anyway, I just had the chance to catch up on your writing and all I can say is I am thrilled for you and living vicariously through you! I hope to go back and visit that amazing country again some day! Also, sounds like you are living in luxury, a pool? I am jealous! Have fun and keep posting when you can!
ReplyDeleteJanice