Day 4 (Sunday) was beautiful and exciting. It was our orientation (disorientation??) day! We toured campus, which is enormous and gorgeous. Thank goodness for the shuttle, or I'd be permanently lost. We also did some icebreakers and got to know our Thai roommates as well as others involved with the program. We went to lunch, where I had the best dish I've had yet... Rice with Chinese
broccoli and some kind of fried chicken and a sauce that i STILL can't describe entirely, but it was incredibly simple and delicious. The food here is the. Best. Food. I've. Ever. Had. I love it so much. After lunch we walked around town a bit, went back to our dorms for a swim (Uniloft has the most beautiful salt water infinity pool. I could live there.) to cool off, then met up and took a sang-tao (red truck - like a taxi but literally a red truck with bench seats in the truck bed) to a temple and the HUGE night market. The temple in the pictures is a very important one, and the first I've visited so far... Beautiful! But I can't remember the name right now, of course. The night market is still one of my favorite things about Thailand, but I seriously love basically all of it. The people, the culture, the customs, the food, the city, the mountains... All incredible.
We got back late Sunday night and soon went to bed, since Monday was the first day of the semester!
 |
| Group minus Molly- L to R: Lauren, Malaiya, me, Rachel, Mustafa, Jillian, Keilee, Jackie |
 |
| Wat Prah Singh |
 |
| Landscaping at Wat Prah Singh |
 |
| Inside the temple |
 |
| Orientation lunch |
 |
| Rachel, Me, Jackie in the temple |
 |
| Neung!! <3 (english name: Alice) |
 |
| Mustafa, Rachel, me, Jackie |
Hello again! Could you post photos of your Uniloft room please? I'm staying there and I haven't found a photo of the the room which isn't from Uniloft themselves. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHi Lindsey, I will try to take some pictures and post them, but if you google Uniloft Chiang Mai, the pictures there are pretty accurate...they do make the rooms look a little bigger than they are, but the floor plans are accurate. It's way more space than I anticipated! And really nice bright colors in the rooms :) The outside pictures of the buildings are less accurate, but it really is a FANTASTIC place to stay.
Delete